Knowledge and Technology Transfer Unit
The recently created Knowledge and Technology Transfer Unit (KTT) is aimed to give support and assistance to researchers from the Estación Experimental de Aula Dei (EEAD), to turn their results into successful products and processes.
The KTT service will promote, coordinate and manage the relationships between researchers and productive sectors to facilitate the transfer and exploitation of knowledge and results by socio-economic sectors related or interested in them.
It is intended to provide a specialized service to the researchers of the Agricultural Sciences Area to facilitate the transfer of knowledge and results generated through the following actions:
- To encourage the research groups to collaborate with the private sector and advice them for an adequate protection of their results.
- To identify and disseminate the capabilities of the groups creating tools and working materials to facilitate the transfer of knowledge into the productive environment.
- To facilitate the relationship with companies communicating their technology needs to researchers and disseminating scientific and technical offers of researchers to them.
- To promote collaborative projects with companies reporting on specific calls and advising in the preparation of projects and associated contracts.
- To license the titles of industrial and intellectual property to companies for their development and marketing.
- To enhance and report on the creation of new technology-based companies (spin-off).